Here are some of the gaming projects I’ve worked on in the past years. Most were made primarily for fun, usually very experimental and without a serious attempt to get some serious success:
– Superintelligence mod for Sid Meier’s Civilization 5: a mod I’ve made for Civilization 5, sponsored by Jaan Tallinn and the Center for Study of Existential Risk. Adds the element of Artificial Intelligence research to the game, including the risk of Superintelligence that can destroy human society.
– Sunflower Virtual Gaming Table: An engine for tabletop card and board games, with focus on single player gameplay with AI opponents. Made originally as a backend for the WTactics free software card game project, but the WTactics guys mostly disappeared, so currently it’s only an engine without games.
– Arcmage: Seeds of Magic: First serious game developed for the Sunflower engine. An implementation of the libre card game Arcmage (work in progress).
– Paddle Storm: A ball-and-paddle style game, with support for slanted bricks and a spell system.
– Verbal Kombat: A text-based game I wrote for a contest, attempting to be a Street-Fighter-esque fighting game with no graphics, only text.
– The Overseer: An attempted game I made for the Experimental Gameplay Challenge, didn’t really work. The deadline came before I could turn the gameplay to something fun. So now it’s more of an example.
– Baktun: A game I started making with a 5-person team in Global Game Jam 2012. We made it in 48 hours, but it’s not really complete. We mostly have just a little video to show for it, but I think it looks quite nice.